I just love the Remington Rand ad about 19:30 into this What's My Line? episode.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Monday, July 22, 2013
Friday, July 19, 2013
- I find myself telling long-time users about map packages, which came about in v10.0. Why use map packages?
- It's a perfect way to package your map document and ALL your data in one neat file. It may be big, particularly if you have imagery, but it is easy to create and creates a 'status quo' of your project.
- Use as a backup. Keep in mind there are other ways.
- FTP a copy to a partner, contractor, or as a FOIA response using ArcGIS Online.
- You don't HAVE to use ArcGIS Online for getting a copy to a partner. But hey, it's FREE!
- Note: if you have a join, the properties don't seem to get copied but the table gets copied. You have to rebuild the join. I hope esri fixed that at 10.2.
- Same advantages as map packages.
- Use it in Help while your searching a page for a string you're interested in.
- Use it in ArcMap to open the Search window.
- In the comments, add some of your favorite uses for Cntrl-F.
- Press the C key on your keyboard and the tool switches to the pan hand.
- Press your mouse wheel and pan away! (v9.2)
- Use your arrow keys.
Do you have any favorite whispers or praxes? Tell me about them in the comments.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013